Aeronet Worldwide has been a family-owned business since 1982, and has seen our industry evolve over that time. Sustainability is an important aspect to ensuring, not only the viability of the environment, but also ensuring good stewardship from our industry. Despite Aeronet being a non-asset carrier – no direct control of fleets – we constantly seek ways to optimize our business for sustainability. That is why we take the following steps across our company:
- Shipment Consolidations – Aeronet utilizes FTL (full truckload) and FCL (full container load) services in order to minimize trips.
- Rail Service Option – Moving freight by rail reduces the amount of trucks on the road, and allows for even greater consolidation. Contact your Aeronet representative for more information.
- SmartWay Member – This is the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) transport partnership program, which provides a framework to assess the environmental and energy efficiency of goods moving across the supply chain. As a partner, Aeronet relies upon SmartWay tools and approaches to track and reduce emissions and fuel use.
- Carbon Dioxide Emissions Reporting – In 2021, Aeronet started reporting our CO2 emissions (kilogram equivalent) to the client, upon request.
- Wrapping Material – Aeronet’s eCommerce fulfillment teams, in conjunction with clients’ requests, replaced bubble wrap with Geami® paper, an eco-friendly alternative to plastic cushioning materials.
- Reusable Boxes & Crates – Where possible, Aeronet utilizes reusable material made from recycled products.
- Electric Forklifts – Aeronet has begun replacing propane-powered forklifts with electric models, especially at our biggest and most active warehouses, and also as we open new facilities across the U.S.
- Digital Forms, Documents & Marketing Material – To reduce the amount of paper being used, Aeronet has implemented DocuSign for contracts; employee, client, and vendor onboarding; and training. Additionally, most marketing material is digital, and is distributed through email.
- Electronic Billing – 99% of Aeronet’s clients now receive invoices electronically via eBill.